I have been tagged by Diane at faith in community to share 10 random things about myself. This could either scary or fun. I will let you decide. Anyway…here it goes (in no particular order):
(1) I played violin from 4th grade through high school. I was definitely not God’s gift to the earth when it came to the violin. By my senior year I moved all the way back to 2nd violin, second to last stand (at least I was better than three other people).
(2) My BIGGEST pet peeve is listening to people clip their finger/toe nails, but clipping mine does not bother me.
(3) I was a spoiled kid in high school. From when I got my drivers license through graduation I drove 30 different cars (my dad is a car dealer) – and I never owned any of them. Spoiled!
(4) I love drinking V8. It is the only thing that endears me to my mother-in-law.
(5) I have never been overseas. I came close when Connie and I were scheduled to go to the Holy Lands but then 9/11 happened and scraped those plans.
(6) I have never broken a bone in my body (knock on wood) and I still have my appendix and tonsils.
(7) My 32oz. nalgene water bottle rarely leaves my side (and going to bed without it means a night with no sleep).
(8) I am allergic to air. O.K., maybe not air specifically, but I am allergic to almost anything that floats around in the air except for the Chinese fig tree (don’t ask me why they tested me for that).
(9) I love winter and cold weather — the more snow the better and the colder the better. But…I do not like hockey, ice fishing or snowmobiling. Actually I think hockey is pointless (no offense anyone), I am deathly afraid of walking on frozen bodies of water and even more afraid of riding on snowmobiles.
(10) I was baptized Catholic. When told that I was going to be ordained, my grandmother (a Catholic) responded by saying, "Oh…that’s too bad" 🙂
Wow…I am one strange cookie. Anyway, let’s see some randomness from the following (who I now tag): David at HERE I STAND, Pastor David at Postings from Prairie Hill, Joe at Freedom, and Chris at The Lutheran Zephyr