If you are like me, you want the best for your children/grandchildren. You have dreams for them and pray for them. You try to point them in the right direction and teach them. You want them to avoid the mistakes you made but want them to learn from mistakes that they will make. You want them to be happy, healthy, and successful. Above all, you want them to know peace with God through Jesus Christ our Lord. But we know this is all out of our hands, and thus we pray and entrust them to our Father’s hands.
The following prayer is from a father’s heart entrusting his children to the Father…
Father God, I pray that my children:
- Will learn their ABCs and develop a love for reading.
- Will learn to play a musical instrument and appreciate the arts.
- Will know right from wrong and live morally upright lives.
- Will respect everyone and serve the needs of others.
- Will be humble yet be willing to boldly take a stand when called upon.
- Will be a lifelong learner and a seeker of wisdom.
- Will seek to know and love the heart of a person.
- Will appreciate the simple things and not lose their child-like wonder.
- Will not lose their sense of humor and never be afraid to cry.
- Will know that I will always love them no matter what they do.
- Will know that You will always love them no matter what they do.
- Will learn to forgive and forget.
- Will value in-person relationships over social media relationships.
- Will love, value and respect themselves.
- Will strive to know Jesus and live out loud in his name.
- Will be comfortable in their skin and know they are beautiful in Your eyes.
- Will pray, pray and then pray some more.
- Will seek Your will for their lives and listen to Your voice.
- Will know, crave and desire Your Word.
- Will know that I will always be there for them.
- Will know who they are and whose they are – a sinner redeemed by the blood of Jesus.
- Will know that I will always pray for them.
All that I hope for and all that I wish are nothing but a father’s dream.
But all that they are and all that they will be is in Your hands, Father God.
And so I raise this prayer to You,
And entrust them to Your sovereign care.
I pray this prayer, in the name Jesus, the Lord and Savior I pray they know.